Paybacks

As a child, I was terrible at church. Absolutly terrible. I still hear about the many stories in which I mortified my mother with my misbehavior in church. There was the time I took the shoes off the lady kneeling in front of me, the time I threw my pacifier at the bald man sitting seven pews up, etc, etc.
Now it's my payback time. Emma is far from a well behaved child in church. The concept of whispering is beyond her realm of understanding. Easter mass was no exception. Half way through mass, of course when the church is silent, she shouts out "Mommy, is this church?" Thank you Emma. Thank you for letting everyone in the congregation know that you rarely attend church. As if it couldn't get worse,later she was talking/yelling about something. I leaned over and told her she needed to whisper because the people around us were praying to Jesus. She points to the man sitting in front of us and shouts "That's NOT JESUS MOMMY!!" Luckily, the people around us thought it was pretty funny but I was still mortified.
Our goal is to get the kids started in bible school during church service. Then everyone, us included, can pray in peace!
3 Comments:
LOL... Karma is funny when it happens to someone other than me. I have to laugh Sue... I'm so sorry!
If it makes you feel any better, MC completely lost it during the sign of peace (of all things), so I spent the rest of mass outside church. Not in the entrance, but physically outside the church.
Too funny. I also spent most of mass outside of church. After making it known to everyone how incredibly thirsty he was and TWO trips to the water fountain in the back of church, mommy decided we needed to go outside. Rolling around in the grass and climbing on the holy statues is awesome especially when your two-year old is wearing white pants.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home