NOT what I'd call my best parenting moment
Note to self:
Telling your 2 year old that a leprechaun snuck in her room and threw all her books on the floor and necklaces in her bed is NOT a good idea.
In my defense, this is all my friend Nancy's son Bradyn's fault. A leprechaun snuck into his preschool class and made a mess and he thought it was sooo sneaky and fun! So I decided to be the creative mom I think I am and carry over the story line at home. So not a good idea, especially in the room where she sleeps. Rather than feeling safe in her bed, she was terrified that night. At one point with her bottom lip trembling she told me that the "sneaky leprechaun stole her stars off her ceiling and it hurt her feelings."
I found out later from Nancy that at another school the leprechaun peed green glitter in all the toilets. How brilliant is that!! Thank god I didn't hear that story earlier. Can you imagine? If I had put green glitter in our toilet I guarantee Emma would be in diapers at the age of 12!
Just look at her face in these pictures. She's soo not having fun with this idea at all. In hindsight, looking at her expression here I realize how freaked out she really was!

Telling your 2 year old that a leprechaun snuck in her room and threw all her books on the floor and necklaces in her bed is NOT a good idea.
In my defense, this is all my friend Nancy's son Bradyn's fault. A leprechaun snuck into his preschool class and made a mess and he thought it was sooo sneaky and fun! So I decided to be the creative mom I think I am and carry over the story line at home. So not a good idea, especially in the room where she sleeps. Rather than feeling safe in her bed, she was terrified that night. At one point with her bottom lip trembling she told me that the "sneaky leprechaun stole her stars off her ceiling and it hurt her feelings."
I found out later from Nancy that at another school the leprechaun peed green glitter in all the toilets. How brilliant is that!! Thank god I didn't hear that story earlier. Can you imagine? If I had put green glitter in our toilet I guarantee Emma would be in diapers at the age of 12!
Just look at her face in these pictures. She's soo not having fun with this idea at all. In hindsight, looking at her expression here I realize how freaked out she really was!

1 Comments:
I cant stop laughing at this Sue... I know it's wrong because Emma didnt deal with it well, but OMG!!!! This is too much!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home