Scott & Sue + 2

Friday, October 3, 2008

Seriously! I'm so not ready for this




Little Kate is now sitting, crawling and pulling to a stand!!! Yes pulling to a stand! It's crazy-she is only 6 months old! She is into everything-pulling up on all furniture, toys, and people! I've actually felt tugging on my pant leg and looked down and there's Kate looking up at me with the biggest gummy smile standing at my leg! It's exciting yet I also feel this weird sense that time is flying by way too quickly. Where have the months gone? Maybe it's because she's my youngest, maybe it's because unless "the plan" changes she's our last, but I really have this urgency that I want her to stay a tiny baby for just a little longer. It's different with your second. With Emma every new skill was so exciting-oh look she can crawl now, she can walk now, etc. Emma's becoming so grown up it's amazing. She's my little girl, not my baby. Kate's the baby. And I need her to stay the baby. I'm not ready for two little girls yet. I really just want to stop time and create a life where Scott and I don't have to go to work, don't have to run errands, pay bills at night, fix this or that with the house. Instead we spend our days soaking up every second of Emma's little girlhood and Kate's babyhood. Because right now it just makes me sad to see how fast life is going by.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lary Family said...

Way to go, Kate!

They're fun when they get a little older too, Sue!

October 4, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup! Just wait until you have two teenagers. But I think Scott will have the most fun with that. Be sure to post a picture of him sitting in the rocking chair by the door cleaning his shotgun when the boyfriends show up. :)

October 6, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home