Scott & Sue + 2

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Stolen" Sunglasses

Oh how I'm turning into my mother with this story. Awhile back I got a new pair of sunglasses. The day after purchasing them we went to Shelbina. I realized on my way back to St. Louis that they were no longer in my possession. Had them on the way there. Don't have them on the way back. Answer's obvious. They're still in Shelbina, right? Except that Kathy (my MIL) claims that she couldn't find them. So I have convinced myself that either Kathy or Scott's Grandma are toodling around Shelbina looking pretty fancy in my movie star sunglasses. This is how I picture it:
Geraldine walks into the local senior center.
Friend: "Oh, Geraldine, where ever did you get those beautiful sunglasses. You look so
Jackie-O."
Geraldine: "Thank you. I just love how these sunglasses are so nice and dark. They really keep the sun out of my eyes. I don't know where I bought them at...I can't seem to remember."

or:

Kathy walks into her daily lunch at The Restaurant:
Friend: "Kathy, you're sunglasses look just marvelous. The large movie star style fit right over your regular eyeglasses. You can wear the shades right on top on the reading pair. Where did you get them?"
Kathy: (in her best horror movie voice) "I'll never teeeelllllll."

Oh and Marlene, in case you're reading this don't think you're out of the woods with blame either. I watched your home videos you sent Kerry and Kathy yesterday and I have to say one of the pair of sunglasses you wore looked mighty close to mine. How my sunglasses made it to Germany I haven't completely pinpointed yet. Maybe Kathy sent them to you as a just because gift...I always knew she liked you more. (especially since you do the dishes)

(Kathy, if you're reading this I hope you're taking it all for entertainment value not truth. That said, don't think for a minute that I won't be checking out your sunglass collection from now until eternity.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cori Wilson said...

Dear Lackey family: in case you were wondering, Sue's imagination has always been this active. You have no idea some of the stuff that goes through her head. This is just one of the reasons why we all love her so.

July 23, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home