Mama said there'd be days like this.....
Today started out hands down as a bad day. A bad, bad day. It's almost comical that the universe is this angry with us.


It started with Kate's diaper change this morning. I've heard of projectile vomit in babies but never projectile poop...until today. As I was changing her she pooped what I can only compare to a drinking fountain the way it shot straight up in the air and landed on the floor, and the wall, and the lamp, and the dresser.....
Our photographer was coming to take both cute little newborn pics of Kate and family pics. After being here for 2 hours, with Kate screaming or nursing the entire time, she left with no success. She's coming back Tuesday to try again (am I really going to put myself through this again?!) Rebooking the picture session means two more days of painful thrush because I can't use the purple medicine until the pictures are done-arg!
Thinking the stress of the day was behind us, we decided to go to the park so Emma could play on the playground. Here's how THAT played out:
Kate's in the carseat-screaming of course. Emma is dressed and ready to go-even has her jacket on. Right before we head out the door I decide I need to use the bathroom. Within 30 seconds Emma somehow manages to find a cup of water (YES, Scott, I did leave it in her reach on the dresser!!!) and pore it right down the front of her. She's drenched-her coat, shirt and pants look as if she just jumped into a pool. Kate is beginning to scream even louder. And so I dealt with the situation the best way possible-I turned into the devil for a moment. A girl can only take so much. "Take that baby, put her in the car and drive around the block" I informed Scott. Let's just say Scott obeyed without saying another word. I got Emma changed and off we went.
And we had a wonderful, fun time!!!


2 Comments:
I can just hear you "requesting" that Scott take Kate for a drive. So Aliceious!
Projectile poop huh? I hope I never have to experience that. Whenever you want guests over, let Jen and I know.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home