Rita's beginning
I honor of Rita's upcoming debut, I want to take a step back to remember where she began....
Scott and I took a great trip last July to Cancun, Mexico with a group that I"ve been friends with since 7th grade. We celebrated that all of us had hit the 30 year and above mark. And did we celebrate! We had such a wonderful time! Emma was 9 months old. We had never left her before, not even for an overnight. That part was really hard but we knew that Grandma Kathy was taking good care of her.
Scott and I had casually talked about when we would want to have our second child. We had even discussed that getting pregnant in July or August would be ideal since we both work in the school system (this would mean an April or May birth). Surprisingly, I had never started my period since being pregnant with Emma. Yes, I have not had a period since November of 2005(watch out when it finally comes back) ! Prior to leaving for Cancun I had contacted my doctor to discuss why my period hadn't started. The worry in me was beginning to ponder if something was wrong. While in Mexico Scott and I discussed again when we'd start planning for our second child. Part of both of us were ready for an addition to our family, the other part was panicked we wouldn't be able to handle another quite yet.
Upon returning from Mexico I called my doctor again to discuss what options we had to get my period started. Regardless of when we'd start trying for another child I wanted to get my body back in order. I made an appointment to see him in August. Two weeks later came quite the surprise!
Scott and I took a great trip last July to Cancun, Mexico with a group that I"ve been friends with since 7th grade. We celebrated that all of us had hit the 30 year and above mark. And did we celebrate! We had such a wonderful time! Emma was 9 months old. We had never left her before, not even for an overnight. That part was really hard but we knew that Grandma Kathy was taking good care of her.
Scott and I had casually talked about when we would want to have our second child. We had even discussed that getting pregnant in July or August would be ideal since we both work in the school system (this would mean an April or May birth). Surprisingly, I had never started my period since being pregnant with Emma. Yes, I have not had a period since November of 2005(watch out when it finally comes back) ! Prior to leaving for Cancun I had contacted my doctor to discuss why my period hadn't started. The worry in me was beginning to ponder if something was wrong. While in Mexico Scott and I discussed again when we'd start planning for our second child. Part of both of us were ready for an addition to our family, the other part was panicked we wouldn't be able to handle another quite yet.
Upon returning from Mexico I called my doctor again to discuss what options we had to get my period started. Regardless of when we'd start trying for another child I wanted to get my body back in order. I made an appointment to see him in August. Two weeks later came quite the surprise!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home