Goosebumps
Rita's beginning-part II
Three weeks after returning from Mexico I had a fun girl's weekend planned in Chicago. The day before I was supposed to leave, I was sitting on the coach watching Oprah. Emma was at daycare, Scott was registering for classes at Webster. Out of the blue, I got goosebumps all over my arms and a feeling that is hard to describe in words. I stood up and just knew: I am pregnant. I had no physical signs of pregnancy at this point. I went back to the bathroom and found a home pregnancy test that was left over from when we were trying with Emma. Before even looking at the results I knew what it would say. I've never had such a sure feeling about anything in my life. Sure enough clear as day the digital test said "Pregnant." Can't get any clearer than that! After a few minutes of utter shock I kicked it into high gear. I rushed to the car to drive to Walgreens to buy another pregnancy test just to confirm. I pulled into the parking lot and realized that I had left my wallet in the car from the day before-the car that Scott had at Webster University! I had no money and no credit cards to buy another test. So I called my doctor and rushed over to get a test done there. When the nurse told me she'd call with the results within two days I wanted to scream! I returned home to find Scott who didn't have the slightest clue what had occurred within the past hour. I yanked the home pregnancy test out of my purse and babbled without coming up for air "I was watching Oprah when it hit me that I was pregnant so I took a test and it said positive so I drove to Walgreens to buy another test but you have my wallet so I drove to the doctor but they can't tell me until tomorrow so now I'm not going to Chicago." Scott stared at me slowly processing everything I had just blurted out in one breath. Talk about a whirlwind! We spent the weekend together, shocked and excited at our surprise!
We went to the doctor who confirmed that our baby was a souvenir from our trip to Mexico! We beginning calling the baby "Jose" (named after the Jose Cuervo we enjoyed in our Margaritas). At 18 weeks the name changed when we learned we were having a little girl. Hence the beginning of our little Rita, short for Margarita!
Three weeks after returning from Mexico I had a fun girl's weekend planned in Chicago. The day before I was supposed to leave, I was sitting on the coach watching Oprah. Emma was at daycare, Scott was registering for classes at Webster. Out of the blue, I got goosebumps all over my arms and a feeling that is hard to describe in words. I stood up and just knew: I am pregnant. I had no physical signs of pregnancy at this point. I went back to the bathroom and found a home pregnancy test that was left over from when we were trying with Emma. Before even looking at the results I knew what it would say. I've never had such a sure feeling about anything in my life. Sure enough clear as day the digital test said "Pregnant." Can't get any clearer than that! After a few minutes of utter shock I kicked it into high gear. I rushed to the car to drive to Walgreens to buy another pregnancy test just to confirm. I pulled into the parking lot and realized that I had left my wallet in the car from the day before-the car that Scott had at Webster University! I had no money and no credit cards to buy another test. So I called my doctor and rushed over to get a test done there. When the nurse told me she'd call with the results within two days I wanted to scream! I returned home to find Scott who didn't have the slightest clue what had occurred within the past hour. I yanked the home pregnancy test out of my purse and babbled without coming up for air "I was watching Oprah when it hit me that I was pregnant so I took a test and it said positive so I drove to Walgreens to buy another test but you have my wallet so I drove to the doctor but they can't tell me until tomorrow so now I'm not going to Chicago." Scott stared at me slowly processing everything I had just blurted out in one breath. Talk about a whirlwind! We spent the weekend together, shocked and excited at our surprise!
We went to the doctor who confirmed that our baby was a souvenir from our trip to Mexico! We beginning calling the baby "Jose" (named after the Jose Cuervo we enjoyed in our Margaritas). At 18 weeks the name changed when we learned we were having a little girl. Hence the beginning of our little Rita, short for Margarita!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home